Monday 9 February 2015

9/12/15 In the loo


When I got home from work and saw the new set up I was worried we were back into exploring the darker parts of the penguin's psyche.



But Mum assured me the penguins were just having a laugh watching one of the babies jumping into the loo. The others were a bit worried about it jumping from such a height she said, but it was all harmless fun.


In a new twist, my older daughter Eva collaborated on this arrangement. Taking an engine from the train set, she arranged one of the adults to be riding off whilst the others were busy watching the baby jumping in. 


Later, Mum takes me aside, 'I don't really agree that the penguin was riding off on the train' she says quietly, 'but I didn't want to tell her not to join in'. She continues 'I never plan these you know, the penguins tell me what to do'. 

Mum used to be a teacher and telling a child not to do something creative -  even when it's misplaced -  is just not in her kindly make up. She did look pained though.



No comments:

Post a Comment