Thursday 12 March 2015

How the penguins came to be


Three years ago I went to Lille in Northern France, to the  annual Braderie. I bought some strange shaped lightbulbs, an old French school poster teaching about the use of 'ph', some Playmobil figures, some fabric (of course) and various other  bits and bobs. I drank a lot of beer and ate a lot of chips too, somewhere amongst all that I bought these little penguins. It was an amazing weekend and I wrote about it here.

The old French school poster. Perfect for this photography teacher. Also perfect for the damp patch it is covering.
I don't honestly know why I bought them. They just seemed so sweet, already quite worn but a such a gang, a gang who seemed up for fun and adventure.

And so it has proved to be.







1 comment:

  1. I've struggled to comment on this for weeks as I can't figure out how to do it on my stupid phone but have managed to work it out at last. Anyway, I just wanted to say that your penguins are marvellous. I love them! In fact I covet them... (Also your cat scarf is a triumph - well worth the pain!)

    ReplyDelete